Have 2 w/automounted ~ hosts, 2 instances of screen - getting hardcopy o

From: screen-users
Subject: Have 2 w/automounted ~ hosts, 2 instances of screen - getting hardcopy or screenlog filename **collision**.
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 17:04:32 -0500

I have two hosts that automount the same home dir.  The last one
of these hosts that starts screen can not write to the screenlog nor hardcopy
log files (says it did but does not); even if it did there is a name collision.

How might I fix this in my ~/.screenrc?  Tried:

    hardcopydir           ~/%H/.hardcopy

but %H did not get interpolated.  So how to I prevent name collisions
for both hardcopy.n and screenlog.n files?

--
thanks,
Tom