Re: screen from git always requires password when reattaching

From: Aldo Davide
Subject: Re: screen from git always requires password when reattaching
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:47:30 +0100

> you can either replace Authenticate function in authentication.c with
>
> void Authenticate() {
>       return;
> }
>
> or use screen-v4 branch.

Thank for the reply. I am using screen-v4 for my actual needs, I was only
experimenting with the latest snapshot. I guess what I meant to ask is whether
the new behavior (i.e. asking for password on reattach) is how screen will work
in future releases, or if this is just a temporary situation that will be
addressed before a new version is released.