Re: Any difference between `screen -r` vs `screen -x` when attaching to

From: Dun Peal
Subject: Re: Any difference between `screen -r` vs `screen -x` when attaching to an already attached session?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:25:15 -0400

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Clark Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
For a detached session I think `screen -r' and `screen -x' are doing the same thing.

​If that's the case, I'll just use `screen -x` always. This is because of my use-case:

I am using this for a multiple display setup, where each display has multiple multiple active terminal tabs. When I decide to attach to a session, it means I want to be able to use it on a particular display, inside a particular terminal tab. It doesn't really matter whether it's already attached on other displays and terminals, and if it is, then it is attached there for a good reason, and I want to keep it thus attached (rather than detach it with -dr).

Hope that makes sense, and thanks, D.