Locking window title

From: Max Rozenoer
Subject: Locking window title
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:42:12 +0200

Hi, all!

I see plenty of examples on how to set screen window title dynamically (e.g. http://aperiodic.net/screen/title_examples#setting_the_title_to_the_name_of_the_running_program ). How can I do the opposite - *prevent* screen from reacting to "echo -ne "\e..." title reset?

I'm working on a screen-based windowed process manager which depends on the window titles staying as they were named when created. It's shell-agnostic, so asking users to disable their shell's auto-titling functionality is not a good option.

Any help greatly appreciated!

cheers,
max