Re: Screen staying alive after ctrl+c-ing its initial task

From: Andrey Utkin
Subject: Re: Screen staying alive after ctrl+c-ing its initial task
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:19:27 +0200

2013/1/22 Bruno Cudini <address@hidden>:
> Hi list,
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 05:06:31AM +0200, Andrey Utkin wrote:
>> 3. I tried to interrupt such script process with Ctrl+C while attached
>> to its screen. Surprisingly, i haven't got bash prompt after that, but
>> screen is terminated. What can i do to get prompt again, to have
>> chance to restart the script? This seem natural use-case for screen to
>> me, i am surprised not to find any command line flags for it.
>
> I think you're looking for the zombie mode, to keep windows opened once
> the script is done. I can't find an option to pass in the command line,
> but a defzombie in your screenrc should do the trick.

Thanks a lot, i've tried your hint and it helps.
The only thing is that 'defzombie kr' line in .screenrc does not work,
but 'zombie kr' does. Manual on these commands is way too brief so the
difference is not quite clear for me. But nevermind, i've achieved
something like i wanted.
I can just add that i dream a mode in which, after task termination,
you get shell and can press up arrow, and get task command from
history, edit it and run again, or do anything you want in the shell.

--
Andrey Utkin