Re: Hi .. question about region fading

From: Jostein Berntsen
Subject: Re: Hi .. question about region fading
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:23:40 +0200

On 13.06.11,13:22, Vladimir Todorov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to this mailing list.
> I have a question about screen.
> Generally when I use screen I have several regions opened. Currently I have
> made my hard status line display which are my opened virtual consoles and
> which console I am using at the moment. And the caption line displays the
> name of the console.  I also use tilda to hide and show the console in which
> screen is running. The problem is that when I open up the console I cannot
> understand which region is currently active before I type something in. So I
> was wondering if there is a way to somehow fade the inactive regions (the
> regions that has no focus) or put something in the caption that says that
> the region is inactive/active? Also is there a way to make a message appear
> in the center of a region stating that the region has gained focus when I
> press CTRL+A TAB (something like the feature in ratpoison)? It would be
> useful If there was an option that draws a thin red border around the active
> region. And one more question. Is CTRL+A TAB the only way I can cycle
> through regions?

If you have a hardstatus line like this in your .screenrc, the selected
window should be marked in white in your status line:

hardstatus string "%{.kc}%-w%{.kw}%n*%t%{-}%+w %c %Y%m%d"

"CTRL+A i" should give you information on your selected window.

A binding like this "bindkey ^[x focus" will make "Alt-x" cycle through
your windows.

Jostein