Argument query possible for use in bind with command or colon?

From: Matt Ford
Subject: Argument query possible for use in bind with command or colon?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:23:41 +0000

Hi All,

My screen ssh wrapper doesn't work in some windows as I'm logged onto another system. To sort this I'd like to bind the following and have the $HOST prompted for i.e.,

  bind s screen -t $HOST ssh $HOST

Is that possible? Is it easier if we drop the need for substitution and pop up the ex like mode for further input. For example I tried

  bind s colon screen ssh

hoping that might let me then type in the hostname.

Cheers,

Matt.