Re: GSoC project (screen - embedded scripting support)

From: Robert Blackwell
Subject: Re: GSoC project (screen - embedded scripting support)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:38:21 -0400

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:
* Ivo had this to say on [30 Mar 2009, 10:29:13 +0200]:
I want
to ask you, if there is something about scripting, you want to be done (some
ideas, what the interface between screen and scipting language should
handle), please let me know. Thanks,.

I think I have some notes from when I was working on this talk ....

http://github.com/rblackwe/yapc--na-2007--making-an-ajax-gui-for-gnu-screen/tree/master

But I recall getting a windows list to stdout was not easy.
Also you would not tell if trying something like >screen -X select doesnotexit would fail.

Robert