Re: ssh and bash

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: Re: ssh and bash
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:27:28 +0800

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Chris Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> In my .bashrc I have ssh() { screen -t "address@hidden" ssh "$@"; } - this
> opens a new screen window when I type "ssh server" from inside screen.
> But if I try to ssh to any server from outside of screen, my bash gets
> stuck and nothing happens.
>
> Does anyone know how to get rid of this issue?

three options that i can see here

1: start a new screen containing your ssh

2: find an existing screen, attach to it, and start a new window
containing your ssh

3: forget screen and just start the ssh

various "stuff" commands hashed over repeatedly on this list can help
you with 1 and 2

for 3, condition the creation of the function on your being in screen
--
Aaron Davies
address@hidden