Re: Open a window relative to the current

From: Kazuo Teramoto
Subject: Re: Open a window relative to the current
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:02:46 -0300

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Micah Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. The default for the "screen" command
> has always been to open the first available number (starting at 0); you
> can always give it the window number you want, though.

Let me give a example, if I have 3 open windows:
|0:zsh|1:zsh|2:irssi|
and call 'screen vim' on terminal 1:zsh I like the window open to the
left side of 1, and now I have:
|0:zsh|1:zsh|2:vim|3:irssi|

If you read the feature request posted at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?15469 that originated the patch from
Sadrul to implement relative args to number you see that this what the
request is about.

--
«Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
Marie Sklodowska Curie.