resize a screen on creation?

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: resize a screen on creation?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:32:40 +0800

this is trivial, but it's been bugging me for a while. when i add a
bunch of screens at once from inside a running screen (using a shell
loop or something) all but the first don't resize to match the
terminal window until they're focused--when i first jump to them, if
it's running a shell, the prompt will be positioned 24 lines from the
bottom of the window, not at the top; if it's running a curses app, it
will be sized for 24x80; etc. Also, my caption won't add any but the
first new screen until I change screens again (or issue :redisplay).
Any way around either of these? (i should mention i'm running screen
4.00.02, the stock version for SuSE 9.3, so if these are fixed in HEAD
or something, that's cool too. :)
--
Aaron Davies
address@hidden