Re: set window title from nested screen?

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: set window title from nested screen?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:33:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Aaron Davies wrote:

i can set the window title from a single-level screen (echo -ne '\e]2;foo^G'), but when i try from a second-level nested screen, nothing happens.

i'm running putty-cyg on windows as my terminal, with cygwin zsh running locally, running cygwin screen, ssh'ing into linux boxes, running bash and screen remotely.

I use the following in my screenrc:

hardstatus on
hardstatus string "[%?%h%:%t%?]"

and use the normal \e]0;foo\a in my promt, which result in a plain foo in a normal xterm, and [foo] if inside screen, [[foo]] if inside a dual screen and so on.

--
  Peder Stray