my system is in an inconsistent state because of screen

From: Marco Strullato
Subject: my system is in an inconsistent state because of screen
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:53:38 +0200

Hi all, my system is in an inconsistent state because of screen:
I have a pts that is connected to any screen session
I need to remove this /dev/pts/0 but I don't know how to do it.

address@hidden ~]$ ls -l /dev/pts/
total 0
crw--w----  1 mstrullato tty 136, 0 Jun 16 09:43 0
address@hidden tmp]$ screen -d -r
There is no screen to be detached.
address@hidden tmp]$ screen -wipe
No Sockets found in /tmp/uscreens/S-mstrullato.

address@hidden ~]# find /tmp/screens/ -ls -type f
987727    4 drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root         4096 Jun 13 16:43 /tmp/screens/
987728    4 drwx------   2 root     root         4096 Jun 13 16:53
/tmp/screens/S-ro
address@hidden ~]# find /tmp/uscreens/ -ls -type f
987723    4 drwxrwxrwt   4 db2inst1 db2grp1      4096 Jun 13 16:43
/tmp/uscreens/
987729    4 drwx------   2 mstrulla users        4096 Jun 13 16:50
/tmp/uscreens/S-mstrullato
987724    4 drwx------   2 db2inst1 db2grp1      4096 Jun 16 09:40
/tmp/uscreens/S-db2inst1

A note: I'm using screen with sudo: it seems that this caused the
inconsistency problem: I believe /dev/pts/0 had different
permissions/group than the user I used with sudo.
Moreover this is the mount options of the /dev/pts filesystem

none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=640  0 0

I changed the group to 4 from 2 with no results....  I think because
it's too late: There's anymore the session files into /tmp

Suggestions?

Thanks

Marco Strullato