Re: Killing screens

From: Sam Tardif
Subject: Re: Killing screens
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:53:59 +1000

Pavel Sanda wrote:
Any suggestions? Is there a way to tell screens not to be persistent? Or is this something screen just isn't capable of?

the section autodetach on|off in man pages does not help ?

pavel
Thank you very much for pointing that out! The second sentence of autodetach was most useful. I guess it pays not to skim man pages :p

And Brian, we've tried using minicom as well, but quitting minicom in an improper fashion causes it to lock the serial device up. It has been very frustrating to get it to work, but it looks like autodetach off is going to do the trick.

Cheers,
Sam.