Re: GNU Screen and vim

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: GNU Screen and vim
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:55:03 -0400

* Fabien Meghazi <address@hidden> [2006-10-23 09:31 +0200]:
> I use screen under rxvt-unicode, in my .vimrc, I map the Shift-Up key
> combination like this:
>
> noremap ^[[a zc
>
> This works under rxvt without problem, I can fold using Shift+Up arrow
>
> But as soon as I'm under screen it doesn't work anymore. When I press
> Shift-Down, I only see ^[[a appearing in my vim status line, then
> vanish 2 second after.

I just did some tests, and in both xterm and rxvt, screen passed the
escape codes for Shift-Up through without altering them.  Try going to a
command line in screen, running something like 'cat > /dev/null' and
checking to make sure that Shift-Up is still working from there while in
screen.  If it is, I'm not sure what advice I can give.  If it's not, all
that remains is to see _why_ it's not.  :)

--- --
This universe shipped by weight, not by volume.  Some expansion of the
contents may have occurred during shipment.