Re: automating screen startup

From: Martin Hauser
Subject: Re: automating screen startup
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:52:10 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:53:36 -0400 (EDT)
Peter <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am running Fluxbox on FreeBSD and currently in my .xinitrc file I
> launch aterm with the login command attached:
>
> aterm -e login peter &

May i ask why you need that -e login there? if you skip it you can
go and just do

        aterm -e screen

> I would like, in addition, to launch screen in this same aterm.  Is it
> possible?

Not seeing any way to make login actually execute an command after
successful login in. Only way there is probably could be tweaking with
your shells startup files... but then, this would be an ugly hack.

Regards

Martin
--
Martin Hauser <address@hidden>
GPG-Encrypted mail preferred, KEY: 0D459A72