can screen protect me against dropped ssh connections?

From: Eric Wood
Subject: can screen protect me against dropped ssh connections?
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:01:09 -0400

Thanks to dropped ssh connections I have hung user sessions on my server. So I thought screen could help.

1. If a telnet/ssh connection drops, will screen auto-detach so that a subsequent login will reatach automatically and pick up just were the user left off?

2. I use Netterm, Anzio, etc emulators using "Linux-Console" emulation. My applications all emulate perfectly fine except when using screen, it messes the emulation up. Is there a way to have screen just relay the raw characters back and forth instead of getting involved with any ansi emulation stuff?

thanks,
-eric wood