Re: Splitting screen horizontally.

From: Bill Pursell
Subject: Re: Splitting screen horizontally.
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:06:13 +0100

Aaron Griffin wrote:
On 6/13/06, Bill Pursell <address@hidden> wrote:

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I'd like to point out two things... the current split is a horizontal
> split.  The windows are laid out vertically, but the single window is
> split horizontally.  So, you want a vertical split patch (this will
> help the search).
> Secondly, the last vertical split patch I tried, which I tried
> strenuously in order to test, I was able to crash screen 3 different
> times in under 5 minutes...

Since my patch was the last one posted on the list, I wonder
if that might have been the one you're referring to.  If so,
I'd like to know the crash scenarios.  I was aware of at least
one related to resizing of windows when I stopped looking at
the code back in January.

I think it was... I recognize your name.  I need to look up the patch
again and apply it.  I cannot recall the crash scenarios, as it was
fairly random.... my "stress test" involved lots of V and H splits,
resizes, 'only's and things like that in quick succession.  Not a very
structured test, but if it passed I was going to use it.  I meant to
report things, but being as there was no central location beyond this
ML, I didn't really know how to go about it, so ended up forgetting.

I'll get to it later this week.

Try commenting out line 5924 of the patched process.c.  That was
an attempt to implement the '-' command for resizing, but as I recall
it wasn't working well.  I lost interest sometime around that point.
I don't use the functionality at all, but I did about the same test
as you, and other than '-', I think it worked okay for me.