Re: Suspicious line

From: Bill Pursell
Subject: Re: Suspicious line
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 04:32:33 +0100

Srinath Madhavan wrote:
When I edit the Makefile after a ./configure in order to set my install
prefix, GNU/Emacs warns me of a suspiscious line 115[1] before letting
me save the Makefile. Question is whether I am doing something wrong?

GNU/Screen source file: screen-4.0.2.tar.gz
Source (online): http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/

[1] I cannot see the text on this line because it appears that Emacs
cannot interpret it and it is therefore invisible. But the line I'm
referring to lies between these two lines:

echo "  sh ./configure" >> shadow/Makefile

term.h: term.c term.sh

That line has a single tab in it.  make is very sensitive to
tabs.   There are several such lines, and you'll have to
delete the tab from each.