janitorial work

From: bill
Subject: janitorial work
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:51:27 +0000

It's been several weeks since I looked at anything in screen, and
I decided to start looking at it again today. I'd like to invest some time cleaning up the code. I just put together a patch that simply pulls the argument parsing out of main and into a sub-function. Ideally, I'd like to get the clutter out of the global namespace, and working on the easy things like rflag, dflag, etc seemed like a good place to start. Before I spend any more time on it, I'd like to know if that type of work would be appreciated/accepted/taken as an insult/other. Anyway, Michael, Juergen, Rafal, Tom, I've got a patch for the very small amount of work I just put in, but it bzipped to 12K, so
it won't post to the list.  If I'm going to invest time into this,
it'd be nice to have an easier method for posting results. (maybe
raise the limit on the size of posts to this list?).  I believe
screen-devel has a 40k limit, so I'll try posting the patch there.
Let me know what you guys think.