screen-4.0.2 on Cygwin

From: Peter
Subject: screen-4.0.2 on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:14:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I was able to get screen-4.0.2 to compile on Cygwin 1.5.18-1 with very minor source modifications. "screen -r" seems to work fine. The only problem is that the detached screen process dies when I close my terminal window, and the entry is deleted from /tmp/uscreens. I'd really like to have the detached screen waiting for me when I open a new terminal.

I tried running screen as a service using cygrunsrv with little success. It either runs as SYSTEM, which is not too helpful to me and seems to be hanging anyway, or I can run it as my user, in which case it hangs immediately.

Anyone found a way to make this work?
Thanks!