problem starting xterm from screen.

From: screen-users
Subject: problem starting xterm from screen.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:35:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm running screen on HP-UX 11i.  I've put a script to start screen in
/etc/profile to automatically start screen on every login for every user,
and to log that session.

When I login and get my first dtterm, it's in screen OK.  When I type
dtterm (xterm equiv) to create another dtterm, it starts and then the
dtterm disappears.  My screen logs for that new session show that it's
started and I get all the output from my /etc/login.. but the dtterm
disappears immedately after presenting the command prompt.

Any ideas?  Can I call xterm from inside screen and execute a new screen
process there?

Thanks very much.

Judd