Re: seeing color in screen

From: Fredrik Tolf
Subject: Re: seeing color in screen
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:15:47 +0200

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 22:57 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> ok, i ran dircolors and set my term to that and i still have no colors in
> output.

I have found that the command that aliases ls to "ls --color=tty" is
often in either /etc/profile or ~/.bash_profile. Thus, since shells
started in screen don't read these files, you just don't get the alias.
Therefore, it's not an error in screen, but rather a login script flaw.

Try running "ls --color" and see if that gets you color.

Fredrik Tolf