Re: "Remove dead screens" message when session exists

From: Frederik Eaton
Subject: Re: "Remove dead screens" message when session exists
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:25:55 -0700

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are alive. When I exit the new session
which is erroneously started by screen and try again I always get the
old session back.

It only happens to me when I run an alias which is of the form "ssh -t
host screen -d -RS sessionname", and it only happens when I haven't
run it for a half hour or so. So I think it could be triggered by a
hard-drive spinup or page fault delay.

Frederik