Re: GUI frontend for GNU screen?

From: Adam Monsen
Subject: Re: GUI frontend for GNU screen?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:36:34 -0700

On 9 Aug 2004 08:20:49 -0000, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I think what you're looking for is the 'hardstatus' or 'caption'.
> You have to put something in your ~/.screenrc file to set it up. There are
> examples in the man page if you RTFM, or mine looks like this (all one line):
>
> hardstatus alwayslastline "%{wk}%?%-Lw%?%{bw}%n*%f %t%?(%u)%?%{wk}%?%+Lw %=
> %{mk}@ %H %{ck}%Y%{wk}-%{ck}%m%{wk}-%{ck}%d %{yk}%D %{gk}%c"

This is cool, and very useful! Thanks. Hmm... when I add this to my
~/.screenrc and I'm using an xterm, the window no longer has a useful
title like '[screen 0: bash] address@hidden'. Any idea how to have both
the status line as the last line in the terminal, and also the xterm
window title?

What I was actually referring to was the Escreen feature for Eterm
that Mikael mentioned. Here's a screenshot:

http://www.eterm.org/pics/ss/shot_cyborg_escreen.jpg

I want to write something for gnome-terminal that will do basically
the same thing: make gnome-terminal's buttons and menus control screen
if a screen session is attached.

--
Adam Monsen <address@hidden>
http://adammonsen.com/