screen-devel

[screen-devel] Fix Incorrect Password when reattaching

From: Daniel Santos
Subject: [screen-devel] Fix Incorrect Password when reattaching
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:29:18 +0100

Hi.

After spending almost a whole day trying to figure out, in the Internet
and on the manual pages, why the screen program was not accepting my
password of my user in my GNU system, I found out that screen, when
installing from source code, does not install the /etc/pam.d/screen
file.

In doing so, every time that a screen user wants to reattach a session,
it receives an 'enter my password' prompt, with no change on unblocking
the password of that prompt (because the screen pam.d file is not
installed).

Can someone fix this issue and make 'make install' install a
/etc/pam.d/screen file, when PAM is detected on the system?

Best