screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] What's the "master" branch used for in the git repo?

From: Alex Naumov
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] What's the "master" branch used for in the git repo?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 07:41:26 +0200

Hi,
the idea is to use a 'master' branch as a preparation for the next 'screen-v5', i.e. a development branch for Screen v5.x.x releases.
Many people don't like this idea and situation with different code bases in different branches (including me).
I think some discussion will take place before we're going to start working on v5.0.0 release.

If you're going to start working on code, please use the 'screen-v4' branch. Code from this branch is used to generate tarballs[1] that maintainers use for creating Screen-packages for GNU/Linux and other systems.

Cheers,
Alex

[1] http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/