screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #58256] Error when swich between screens, parallel t

From: Tuan Le
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #58256] Error when swich between screens, parallel typing
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 05:51:44 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #58256 (project screen):

[comment #3 comment #3:]
> This is not a bug, this is an expected behaviour.
>
> You just made both regions show the same window – look at the bottom
lines, it shows "0 bash" under both regions.

[comment #4 comment #4:]
> [comment #2 comment #2:]
> > I used Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
> > 1. To install screen. sudo apt install screen -y
> > 2. this is my step:
> >  - Ctrl+a |-> split terminal vertically into regions
> >  - ctrl-a + tab -> move to new screen
> >  - Ctrl+a c -> new window
>
> Here you can see, that the first window (left region) is "bash 0" and second
one (right region) is "bash 1".
> Now you can use and enjoy screen :-)
>
> >  - Ctrl+a 0
>
> Now you still have two regions, but both of then show you the same window
"bash 0". That's the reason why context is also the same.
> So, I will expect that in this case if you type something you will see the
same text on both regions.

> > As I understand It will switch to the first screen.
>
> No, if you want to switch to the first region, you have to 'ctrl+a tab'
again.
> Ctrl+a <number> is used to switch between windows. As I said, you can see
the list of these with ctrl+a ".

> > But It doesn't run as expected, My cursor still on the second screen.
> > but when i typing, text display in both of them.
> >

> Yep, that's correct. That's not a bug ;-)

[comment #3 comment #3:]
> This is not a bug, this is an expected behaviour.
>
> You just made both regions show the same window – look at the bottom
lines, it shows "0 bash" under both regions.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?58256>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/