screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] [bug #57551] man page says C-a \ to quit, but C-a C-\

From: Jürgen Weigert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] [bug #57551] man page says C-a \ to quit, but C-a C-\ is what actually does quit
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 02:18:30 +0100

Technically the man page is correct, when speaking about the screen binary itself.
The man page does not know that we ship a default /etc/screenrc that removes the CTRL-A CTRL-\ binding,

The section for the quit command actually gives a good reason to remove that binding.

I'd suggest to drop CTRL-A CTRL-\ from the binary and simplify the man page and the default /etc/screenrc accordingly.

cheers, JW-