screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #27411] Screen freezes for long periods of time, som

From: Alexander Naumov
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #27411] Screen freezes for long periods of time, sometimes crashes
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 00:04:32 +0000

Update of bug #27411 (project screen):

Follow-up Comment #4:

It looks exactly like our "nonblock". It's not a bug.

>From man-page:
nonblock [on|off|numsecs]

Tell  screen  how to deal with user interfaces (displays) that cease to accept
output. This can happen if a user presses ^S or a TCP/modem connection gets
cut but no hangup is received. If nonblock is off (this is the default) screen
waits until the display restarts to accept the output.  If  nonblock is on,
screen waits until the timeout is reached (on is treated as 1s). If the
display  still  doesn't  receive  characters, screen will consider it
"blocked" and stop sending characters to it. If at some time it restarts to
accept characters, screen will unblock  the display and redisplay the updated
window contents.

So, after a while (about 10-15 minutes) screen is available again for
reconnection, but I can't reproduce "crashes" in this scenario.

I will close now this bugreport. If you can reproduce it (crashes) again (in
new versions), please reopen this bugreport or create new one.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?27411>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/