screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GSoC 2015 and GNU Screen

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GSoC 2015 and GNU Screen
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:02:19 +0200

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:49:30 +0200
Artur Skonecki <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am writing to the list because I am contemplating taking part in
> Google Summer of Code 2015. I did GNU Screen development in the past (
> https://github.com/skoneka/screen-session ).

Hey,

it's bit early, but I see no reason why it could not happen. Seems like
project application start around February, so there is still ~5 months.

> Could GNU Screen take part in GSoC?

As far as I know most GNU projects take part of GSOC under GNU umbrella
so it's definitely possible.

> Do you have suggestions for features that could be worked on during
> GSoC? Are there developers who are willing to be mentors?

There are some ideas floating around, but let's hear first if there is
anything specific you would like to work on?

It's next year, so I can't yet guarantee anything, but I can mentor.

Cheers,
Amadeusz