screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #41850] Please put an option for log name and log fl

From: Danial Rikhteh Garan
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #41850] Please put an option for log name and log flush in screen like -L
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:24:37 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.0.2
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: 4.1.0
           Work Required: None

Details:

Hi
i think it's very useful if we can define log file name and also flush time to
write in log as an option in screen command
this feature supported only in setting file right now
but because screen write output log in screenlog.0 and if i run two screen in
same path both log writes on screenlog.0 then it's very useful if we can
define log file path when i start screen session. something like:

screen -o "log file path" --flush 2

instead of put this setting in separated files and use -c for each screen
session to have different log name

Thanks
Danial

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41850>