screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Extend windows command, introduce Xx string escape

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Extend windows command, introduce Xx string escape
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 02:42:31 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:07:52AM +0100, Thomas Renninger wrote:
> these patches are based on the master branch of this git repo:
> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/screen
>
> Unfortunately there seem to not be much activity any more?
> Is this project/code still maintainted?
> Are there people who still want to maintain/enhance things?

Oh nice
% ./screen -S 18034 -Q windows "%n %t\n"
0 zsh
1 man
2 bash

I tried tmux, it's nice but feels weird in use, so I started maintaining
my own screen tree (I even send some patches but activity is
as you probably noticed almost none...)

If anyone wants to try it's here http://github.com/amade/screen
most changes are for my own use so it may not work with other setups
(tested on linux only, I removed/hardcoded most of ./configure options,
some hardstatus escapes were also removed in favour of scripts and a lot
of other stuff)
I can probably backport some changes back to upstream, but this work
would only make sense if there was any chance of it being applied :(

Anyway thanks for patch and just letting know that there is at least one
person still poking at stuff.

Amadeusz