screen-devel

[screen-devel] Send log to syslog

From: Lucas de Souza Santos
Subject: [screen-devel] Send log to syslog
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:42:27 -0300

Hi,

I would like to know if is possible implement a syslog integration for GNU screen.

I'm using screen mostly to log what users are doing in their shell, but the size of the output is too big to be analyzed, so I imagined something like syslog does, compressing some similar lines and then send it to syslog, or even just send it to syslog and let it do the work.

Is it possible? Have someone already started something similar?

Thanks,

Lucas de Souza Santos (ldss)