screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Screen releases

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Screen releases
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:31:59 +0200

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Pavel Sanda <address@hidden> wrote:
> are there any (time) plans for releasing new versions of screen?
>
> I looked through the archives for months back but I cound't see
> any related info. Are there some regressions wrt 4.0.3 which
> hinder releases?
>
> Its tough to persuade distro maintainers for backporting things
> which are already in upstream trunk, they say wait on upstream.
>
> But the last release is somewhere in 2008, which usually means
> upstream is dead - however looking on git repo there is still
> some movement...

+1, I would very much like to see a roadmap or plan for another release!

Sadrul sent a query to the list back in December 2009:
 * http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2009-12/msg00022.html

Our carried patches and new-feature-git-cherry-picks against screen
are growing in Ubuntu.

--
:-Dustin

Dustin Kirkland
Ubuntu Core Developer
(and Ubuntu's screen & byobu package maintainer)