screen-devel

[screen-devel] Re: screen history size

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: [screen-devel] Re: screen history size
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:59:24 -0400

* Przyjazny, Martin had this to say on [14 Apr 2010, 14:13:23 +0000]:
> By the way, there are three things I had to do to get it to compile on
> Solaris 9 (5.9 Generic_112233-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4):

[snip]
> 2.  I had to undef the SETENV stuff in config.h and #define NEEDPUTENV - I'm
> not sure why autogen thought this system had setenv.  I grepped through the
> whole /usr/include tree and didn't find setenv anywhere.

Could you please try the patch from Alexander Gattin at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29451 and see if that helps with this
problem?

> 1.  in config.h, #define _XPG_4_2
>
> Because of this in /usr/include/sys/socket.h:
> #if defined(_XPG4_2) || defined(_KERNEL)
>         void            *msg_control;           /* ancillary data */
>         socklen_t       msg_controllen;         /* ancillary data buffer len
> */
>         int             msg_flags;              /* flags on received message
> */

It looks like defining _XPG4_2 is not the right way of doing things
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1034587/how-does-xpg4-2-and-other-defines-work-on-solaris).
Can you try out the suggested 'proper' fixes and see if that works for
you?

> 3.  No CMSG_LEN and CMSG_SPACE defined in socket.o, so I had to define them
> (I just did it in socket.c).. I used this patch:
> http://mail.mems-exchange.org/durusmail/quixote-users/5553/

For me, CMSG_LEN seems to be defined in /usr/include/linux/socket.h. Is
it defined elsewhere on Solaris 9 (or just not defined anywhere at all)?

Sadrul