savannah-users

Re: Can no longer login to savannah.

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Can no longer login to savannah.
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:56:18 -0600

Hi Carlo,

Ineiev wrote:
> Carlo Wood wrote:
> > This worked, because now I can do ssh carlo@cvs.savannah.gnu.org
> > and it doesn't ask for my password anymore (I get an error that
> > I am not allowed to execute that command; obviously because it
> > is a restricted shell for cvs only).

Good!  That means everthing *should* be working.  Is it?

> I would check if these things work:
>
> * "member" cvs checkout

Just to be clear...  Are we talking site web pages or project source code?

Did that work for you?  Try a pristine checkout in an empty directory.

    cvs -z3 -d:ext:carlo@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/which co which

Success??

> * anonymous cvs checkout and cvs diff with it

Similar but for anonymous cvs pserver protocol.  (I always recommend
ssh protocol as the above example.)

    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/which co which

Success?

Bob