savannah-users

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: Email notifications from bug tracker
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 15:34:32 -0400

Markus Mützel <markus.muetzel@gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from
> the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>
> The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45
> CEDT.
>
> I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
>
> The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
>
> Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email
> notifications?

It looks like frontend1.savannah.gnu.org is not sending new bug messages
to eggs, probably something going wrong there. I see one post sent from
a normal person today that seemed to be processed find by eggs and
mailman. It was discarded due to the rules of the list. Adding Bob, as
he is probably the best person to look into the savannah side.

Oct 07 15:04:20 2020 (2314) Octave-bug-tracker post from jwe@jweaton.org held,
message-id=<ee81032e-75c6-55a1-e3e6-cc7626f2d4b2@jweaton.org>: Post by
non-member to a members-only list
Oct 07 15:04:34 2020 (30017) octave-bug-tracker: Discarded posting: