[task #16088] Submission of datestamp

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #16088] Submission of datestamp
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 05:56:54 -0500 (EST)

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #16:

Karl, could you comment on this?  The package uses LuaTeX which is GPLv2+ and
LaTeX whose licensing is probably GPL-incompatible.  What conditions apply to
such cases?

[comment #15 comment #15:]
> While discussing with a senior member of the LaTeX community I realized that
other than the engines and TeX-distribution, LaTeX-packages also have depend
on the LaTeX kernel which is unfortunately licensed under LPPL. Also
LaTeX-packages might sometimes load some other packages for a specific
functionality which might again load some other and so on. Almost all the
files getting loaded by running my example-file were LPPL'ed. LPPL v1.2 and
it's earlier versions were declared as incompatible by the FSF, but the latest
one 1.3c is still under review. I am extremely sorry for not knowing this
before the project getting approved.

> Now that I have understood all of this I am noting it down here. In any case
I am ready to take my package back from the site if it's necessary. Thanks for
your support so far.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16088>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/