[task #16088] Submission of datestamp

From: निरंजन
Subject: [task #16088] Submission of datestamp
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 14:05:22 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves
or discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process,
*approving or discarding the registration must be done using the specific
Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=12209> page*,
accessible only to site administrators,
effectively *logged as site administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=12209>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *datestamp*
* System Name:  *datestamp*
* Type: non-GNU software and documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

----

Add fixed date-stamps in LaTeX documents with simple and customizable aux
files and LuaLaTeX. As long as the aux file is not deleted/modified the
date-stamp generated with this package remains intact.

== Other Comments: ==
Hello people,

This is my first ever Savannah project. I am very glad and excited to see how
this process works. Please note that even if you find no mistake in this
upload, please don't approve the project immediately. Consider this as a
work-in-progress project. The explanation for this is at the end of this
message.

This particular upload is of a LaTeX package named `datestamp'. It's first
version is already released on the Central TeX Archive Network:
https://ctan.org/pkg/datestamp. I want to host this software on Savannah from
it's second version. The tarball attached here is of it's second version
only.

I have two questions.

1) As I have so far used Git for information tracking of this project, will my
commit history be visible on Savannah?
2) Can people submit merge requests (like on Gitlab) to projects on Savannah?

Now why this upload is WIP, is because I need to add the URL for the bug
tracker in my package documentation, readme file and in various files in this
package. With Gitlab I know how my project's URL looks after the release, but
I don't know how it looks in Savannah. So I need help from you people in this
regard. If this project gets published on Savannah, what would be it's URL?
After knowing that, I will make changes everywhere in the package and then
re-upload it with the correct links.

Best,
निरंजन

== Tarball URL: ==