[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: julien lepiller
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 17:50:09 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #21, task #15757 (project administration):

Hi, thanks for reminding me of this. I had missed the previous reply. So, it
seems that saying the authors are also copyright holders is OK, and I think
this is the most future-proof way to ensure authors are given copyright.

I pushed the changes to make sure new po files (and fixed existing ones) say
something like:

Copyright (C) YEAR the authors of Guix (msgids) and the following authors
(msgstr) unless explicitely stated below

Note that weblate (and most po edition tools) will simply list authors at the
end of the initial comment, without the word "COPYRIGHT", something like:

# YEAR NAME

The intended meaning is that the lines like these now magically say who holds
copyright. Then, only if an author actually assigned their copyright to
someone else, do they need to open the file (which is unintuitive with
weblate, so reserved for special cases rather than common case) and explicitly
state it.

Hope this is alright! With this, I think I managed to do all the fixes you
asked for.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/