[task #15530] Submission of Guile-BAUX

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [task #15530] Submission of Guile-BAUX
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:03:00 -0500 (EST)

> It's a text file; why doesn't it permit comments?

It's actually a binary format (note magic numbers and ^_ throughout) w/ a
large textual component.  I've described this...

> And even if it didn't, the notices should be added in a README file in the
same directory with the files in question.

...in the new doc/README file, per your suggestion.  Thanks!  Here's the
doc/README in its entirety:

| This directory contains documentation for Guile-BAUX.
|
| The primary format is Info -- use "make info" or "make" to build it.
| You can also obtain PDF output w/ command "make pdf".
|
| The documentation source file guile-baux.texi has its own copyright notice.
| Most other source files are too small to have their own notice.  One notable
| exception is the file "snippets", which is in "texinfo snippet archive"
| format (info "(guile-baux) ts-base").  Because it's a binary format file,
| it doesn't have a comment syntax that supports adding a copyright notice.
| Furthermore, it is generated by scanning actual source files, so if anything
| it should fall under the following copyright notice:
|
|  Copyright (C) 2010-2020 Thien-Thi Nguyen
|
|  Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
|  are permitted provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
|
| which you will note is the same copyright notice as this README file.  Ah,
| congruence!  :-D
|

| Copyright (C) 2010-2020 Thien-Thi Nguyen
|
| Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
| are permitted provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15530>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/