[task #15467] Submission of Massimo Lo Iacono

From: Massimo Lo Iacono
Subject: [task #15467] Submission of Massimo Lo Iacono
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:20:35 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves
or discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process,
*approving or discarding the registration must be done using the specific
Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11999> page*,
accessible only to site administrators,
effectively *logged as site administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11999>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Massimo Lo Iacono*
* System Name:  *pandino*
* Type: non-GNU software and documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

----

"Libero Vocab" is an application for the Android operating system that allows
users to practice with vocabularies in the KVTML format developped by the KDE
Education Project. It is developed in Java language.

I tried to create this program as simple as possible. I don't think it use any
special Google feature and so it should run on Replicant as well.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try if it really runs on Replicant
because I don't have a Replicant available.

This program should not make use of proprietary libraries.

I wrote copyright and license notices at the beginning of all the java source
files using the standard templates. I didn't write copyright notices at the
beginning of the xml files like the ones used for layout.

I included a verbatim copy of the GPLv3+ license.

Some third-party kvtml files are supplied together with "Libero Vocab". These
files are provided with a free license and have been picked up from the
following sites:

https://www.opendesktop.org/browse/cat/216/
https://edu.kde.org/contrib/kvtml.php?

In order to demonstrate the operation of "Libero Vocab" with audio files, a
sample vocabulary was also provided with some third-party sound recordings,
published with free license from the following website:

https://commons.wikimedia.org

All of these credits are mentioned on the program's About page.

== Other Software Required: ==
The following dependencies are listed in the file "build.gradle" of the
Android Studio project. I think they are all free software:

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.4.0'
    implementation 'com.android.support:support-v4:23.4.0'
    implementation 'com.android.support:design:23.4.0'
    implementation 'org.apache.httpcomponents:httpmime:4.5.1'
    implementation('com.googlecode.json-simple:json-simple:1.1.1')
    {
        exclude module: 'junit'
    }
    implementation 'org.jetbrains:annotations-java5:15.0'
    implementation 'com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout:1.1.3'
}

== Tarball URL: ==
https://savannah.nongnu.org/submissions_uploads/libero-vocab.tar.gz

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15467>