[Savannah-register-public] [task #15348] Submission of Free Molecular Dy

From: Arham Amouei
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15348] Submission of Free Molecular Dynamics
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:21:48 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #17, task #15348 (project administration):

Thanks for the reply.

Okay. So the only remaining point is the system name.

>  "GNU+Linux" will do; if your respect is so great, you could call it just
"GNU".

Respect doesn't justify using misnomers and seeing the reality in a distorted
way. I also have respect for the developers of LibreOffice, X11, Firefox, etc.
But should I include these in the name of the whole system? As you know, a
distribution like Ubuntu or CentOS includes software from different origins.

Informed people use the name "Linux distribution" for these Desktop systems
not because Linux makes up the biggest part of the system, but because it is
the heart of the system, the most vital single module. If you are worried that
people may think that the whole system is originated from Mr Torvalds, I will
explain the meaning of the term "Linux distribution" in the documentation,
which is not written yet.

You are right that the phrase "Operating Systems with Linux kernel" includes
Android which is not the target of this package. Adding the modifier "Desktop"
at the beginning may solve it but makes the phrase a little too long!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15348>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/