[Savannah-register-public] [task #13451] Submission of Hybrid Self-Tunin

From: Brenton Hoff
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13451] Submission of Hybrid Self-Tuning Boyer-Moore
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:34:54 +0000

Here's hstbm, Version 0.11.

The README has been expanded a little, to give some guidance on how to set up
the Lua environment expected by the test rig.

I've adapted GNU Grep's git-version-gen script to provide a Git-aware version
number for "--version".  The code falls back to a generic message if Git isn't
available.

Finally, copyright notices have been fixed, as requested.  I've undertaken a
wider review, and have added or refined notices to be more consistent.

My hope and intention is that some of the code from this program may end up in
GNU Grep.  In the longer term, it's possible that this program may, in turn,
become a framework that can be used to work on other parts of GNU Grep in
isolation.  On that basis, I've decided to leave the copyright notices naming
the FSF as the copyright owner, as before.

I acknowledge again that nearly all of my code in hstbm (excluding the very
raw and experimental test rig) is derived from, or influenced by, GNU Grep,
starting from April 1998 onwards (but excluding the previous work, especially
the 1997 publication).

(file #32913)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: hstbm-0.11.tar.gz              Size:281 KB