[Savannah-register-public] [task #11225] Submission of ReCaged

From: Mats Wahlberg
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11225] Submission of ReCaged
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:18:43 +0000

Thanks for the reply.

As you suggested, I will add an all-permissive licensing header to the file
"internal.conf" (as well as other text files that are more than just a few
lines).

I am however still at a loss when it comes to the licensing of the media
files. I have made sure that all source files are under the GPLv3 license
(specified in the header of every file) and what I'm looking for is a way of
specifying the licensing (all-permissive) of some media files.

As these files are not pure text files, I can not specify the licensing inside
them, and thus I resorted to the use of external files named "README" in every
directory containing media files.

But based on your reply, the words in these "README" files might not be
sufficient? Do you have any suggestions on how to improve these files? Should
I renamed them to "COPYING" instead of "README"? Should I explicitly specify
the license for each individual file, line by line:

---
<filename1> (c) <name>
 <all-permissive license>
<filename2> (c) <name>
 <all-permissive license>
<filename?> (c) <name>
 <all-permissive license>
---

in the "README" files instead of the current approach (which only specifies
the licensing once)?

I'd really like to have a proper licensing approach for these media files, not
because I've put a lot of work on all of them, but just to have a good
starting point when adding more files in the future (which might be the result
of much more work).

Thank you for your time!

  Meddelandet skickades via/av Savannah