[Savannah-register-public] [task #10333] Submission of GNU spell

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10333] Submission of GNU spell
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 22:09:51 +0000

We definitely want spell (and all GNU packages) on savannah, so I hope
Giacomo will get this finished off.

The problems you pointed out are right, but Giacomo is taking over the
package after a long (LONG) period of there being no work on it.  In the past,
we've approved existing GNU packages that are migrating to savannah even when
they are imperfect, since it's rather more convenient to fix such things after
source control is available.

Giacomo, please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

BTW, regarding INSTALL and install.sh, if you get the current versions from
gnulib (gnu.org/s/gnulib) they will have license headers :).  And for README,
the "all-permissive GNU" license would suffice:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#License-Notices-for-Other-Files