[Savannah-register-public] [task #10359] Submission of Dina Project

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10359] Submission of Dina Project
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 21:38:19 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alexfernandez

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Sameer,

As a Savannah admin, I am reviewing your project; please excuse any mistakes
that I may make in the process. There are a few issues with your submission:
* You list it as "Official GNU software", but Dina is not an official GNU
project. If you want it to be part of GNU you have to follow the project
evaluation process <http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html>.
* The tarball should contain a single directory including the project name
and the version, such as: dina-1.0. Instead it contains a few .. and then
"workspace". (This is not a hard requirement but would make our life easier.)
* Files manage.py, README, settings.py... essentially all files don't contain
a license header. Please add the license header (as specified at the bottom of
the GPL license <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html> stating the
license. You don't need to do that in very short (<~ 10 lines) files (such as
run_server.sh) or those that don't contain copyrightable information.
* For images and other files you should include a line in the README stating
the license and the copyright holder.
* You seem to include some other software called jQuery in the media/ui
directory. It would be better to add it as a dependency, but if you have to
include it be sure to specify that in the README. Same for dateparse.js and so
on -- the legal status of borrowed code needs to be crystal clear.
* For convenience I would place all Python code inside an src/ folder, but
this is not a hard requirement.

Could you provide an updated tarball which solves these issues so we can
continue with the approval process? Thanks!