[Savannah-register-public] [task #10138] Submission of Swiss army knife

From: Tong Sun
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10138] Submission of Swiss army knife of file signature checksum tool
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:10:04 +0000

Thanks to your reply, Mario.

I'll use the win/md5.c file, the public domain one, as per your suggestion.

> In GNU Savannah we host only GPL-compatible (With
any present or future version) material

I saw "Modified BSD License" is still an option. Would it be OK to release my
project as "Modified BSD License"? Reason follows.

As for crc32.c, the zlib crc32 function *can't be used directly* since it is
using the 0xFFFFFFFF pre & post condition --
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/ogg-dev/2008-February/000803.html
However, I've found a good alternative, even faster than zlib's --
Slicing-by-8 CRC32 Implementation
http://www.slapmahfro.net/news.php?2009-11

However, there is no copyright and licensing info in source. I've written to
the author since, but haven't get reply yet: