[Savannah-register-public] [task #9025] Submission of GiVMi

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9025] Submission of GiVMi
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 01:02:24 +0000

Sorry for the delay. It would be best that you add the license notice and
copyright notice, before I accept the project.

So first problem with this project is that it depends upon OpenSSL. The
OpenSSL license is incompatible with the GPL. I cannot accept a project that
has a dependency on an incompatible library unless an exception is placed in
the submitting project's license notice.

I would like you to reconsider replacing the OpenSSL dependency with the
dependency gnutls, nss, or other gpl compatible library. gtk-vnc already has
this dependency. You could also replace python-openssl with python-gnutls.

It appears that you are submitting this project under the GPL v3, so I
recommend following this guide to place license notice in all of your source
files:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

In addition if you do plan on using the OpenSSL dependency, you must place
this exception in license notice as well:

This program is released under the GPL with the additional exemption that
compiling, linking, and/or using OpenSSL is allowed.